Fairest Of The Fair Pageant $2500.00 Scholarship Award
Monday, August 21st, 2017 at 7:30 PM | Museum Stage
Deadline for entry is August 10th.
This Contest is held in conjunction with Tennessee's "Fairest of the Fair" Contest, which is sponsored by the Tennessee Association of Fairs. The Appalachian Fair and any Civic Organization or Business Firm will sponsor this event.
- A $50.00 NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEE IS REQUIRED FOR EACH CONTESTANT. Contestants must be sponsored by a Civic Organization or Business Firm.
- Contestant must have reached her 16th birthday, but not her 21st birthday on/or before December 31 of the year in which the contest is held and must be a resident of Tennessee. Original birth certificate must be presented at the first rehearsal.
- Contestant cannot qualify if she has ever been married, had a child, competed in the last state contest, or found guilty of a felony. She must be of good moral character, and is now, and has always been, a female. If the winner of the Appalachian Fair Pageant wins another title during her reign, that prevents her from wearing the Appalachian Fair crown and sash, she must relinquish her crown and scholarship.
- Costume must be formal, and must be floor length. Contestants will not be allowed to wear or carry live flowers during the judging. No exposed midriff.
- Contestants will be judged on beauty, poise and personality.
- Entry may be made by completing an entry form obtained from the Appalachian Fair office, downloading from internet, calling 423-477-3211, or e-mail request to – email@example.com. The form should be returned to the fair office on or before August 10th with a $50 non-refundable entry fee. Form must be returned to the Appalachian Fair P. O. Box 8218, Gray, TN 37615, faxed to 423-477-3853 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If faxed or e-mailed, the fee must be paid by credit card. The Appalachian Fair reserves the right to limit the number of contestants to 30, however, no entries or fees will be accepted after August 10th. Checks should be made out to the Appalachian Fair. All credit cards accepted.
- Contest will be held at The Appalachian Fair Grounds, Monday, August 21st, 2017 at 7:30 PM at the Museum Stage.
- Contestant must be available to reign during the 2017 Fair.
- The young lady who receives the title of Appalachian Fairs "Fairest of the Fair" will receive a $2,500.00 scholarship award when she returns to crown the winner the following year. She must show proof that she is registered at a recognized college, university, or vocational school and submit receipts or proof of registration to the Appalachian Fair. The final decision on this situation will be at the discretion of the Appalachian Fair. The winner will represent the Appalachian Fair in Tennessee's "Fairest of the Fair" contest in Nashville in January, 2018. The Appalachian Fair will pay the actual expenses of the queen and her chaperone to the State Contest.
- The winner of the State-Wide Contest will receive the title of "Tennessee's Fairest of the Fairs" and such prizes as approved by the Fair Association.
Fair Office (423) 477-3211