Fairest Of The Fair Pageant $2500.00 Scholarship Award
Monday, August 21st, 2017 at 7:30 PM | Museum Stage
Deadline for entry is August 10th.
This Contest is held in conjunction with Tennessee's "Fairest of the Fair" Contest, which is sponsored by the Tennessee Association of Fairs. The Appalachian Fair and any Civic Organization or Business Firm will sponsor this event.
- A $50.00 NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEE IS REQUIRED FOR EACH CONTESTANT. Contestants must be sponsored by a Civic Organization or Business Firm.
- Contestant must have reached her 16th birthday, but not her 21st birthday on/or before December 31 of the year in which the contest is held and must be a resident of Tennessee. Original birth certificate must be presented at the first rehearsal.
- Contestant cannot qualify if she has ever been married, had a child, competed in the last state contest, or found guilty of a felony. She must be of good moral character, and is now, and has always been, a female.
- Costume must be formal, and must be floor length. Contestants will not be allowed to wear or carry live flowers during the judging. No exposed midriff.
- Contestants will be judged on beauty, poise and personality.
- Entry may be made by completing an entry form obtained from Appalachian Fair office-phone (423)477-3211 or download form here and mail with a non-refundable $50.00 entry fee to Appalachian Fair P. O. Box 8218, Gray, TN 37615. The number of contestants will be limited to 30, however, no entries or fees will be accepted after August 13th. Refer to the entry form for the rehearsal schedule. Make checks payable to Appalachian Fair.
- Contest will be held at The Appalachian Fair Grounds, Monday, August 21st, 2017 at 7:30 PM at the Museum Stage.
- Contestant must be available to reign during the 2016 Fair.
- The young lady who receives the title of Appalachian's "Fairest of the Fair," will receive a cash award of $2,500, and will represent the Appalachian Fair in Tennessee's "Fairest of the Fair" Contest in Nashville in January, 2018. The Appalachian Fair will pay the actual expenses of the queen and her chaperone to the State Contest.
- The winner of the State-Wide Contest will receive the title of "Tennessee's Fairest of the Fairs" and such prizes as approved by the Fair Association.
Fair Office (423) 477-3211