4-H CLUB DEPARTMENT
RETURN ENTRY FORM TO FAIR OFFICE BY JULY 25th
No entry Form Accepted After July 25th!
Renne S. Tolbert, EA
ANY 4-H, FFA or FCCLA member winning the
greatest number of blue ribbons in the
Appalachian Fair, other than livestock, the Gray
Ruritan Club will present a plaque.
2012 Winner - Megan Southerland, Greeneville,
Exhibits will be received in the following 4-H
departments on Sunday, August 11th, from 1:00
p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Canning, Sewing, Crafts, Home
Refer to Photography section for information
Exhibits will be received Sunday, August 18th
from 1:00- 6:00 p.m. in the following 4-H
Departments : Eggs, Field Crops, Gardening, Food
Preparation and Flower Arrangements.
1. Exhibits limited to members enrolled in a
qualified 4-H Club.
2. Each exhibit must be actually owned and/or
made by 4-H member. Articles that have been
previously entered in this fair are not
eligible. All entries must have been made since
the previous fair.
3. Only exhibits listed in the catalog may
compete for prize money.
4. EXHIBITORS MAY ENTER ONLY ONE ARTICLE IN ANY
5. The judge shall have the authority to place
ribbons according to the merits of the item. For
judging criteria of items, contact your local UT
6. Exhibits may be removed Tuesday, August 27th between 3:00 and 6:00 p..m. Exhibitors will
forfeit premium awarded on any exhibit removed
before time stated.
7. General Rules & Regulations apply.
Beef Cattle Dairy Cattle Sheep Rules,
regulations, classes and requirements for all
exhibitors of livestock will be listed in the
special livestock catalog.
4-H SPECIAL PARTICIPATION AWARDS
The Appalachian Fair will present Special
Participation Awards to the top five (5)
exhibitors who have the greatest number of blue
ribbons entered in the 4-H Exhibit Building.
1. Any 4-H'er in the Eastern Region are eligible
2. All exhibits must be quality entries and
entered on Fair entry form by July 25th.
3. The top five (5) exhibitors with the most
blue ribbons will be recognized with cash
4. Ties will be broken by number of second place
Awards will be as follows:
1st place $75.00
2nd place $60.00
3rd place $45.00
4th place $30.00
5th place $15.00
Plaques for the top five (5) exhibitors will be
presented on Thursday night, Aug. 22nd, 7:00
p.m. in the demonstration area of the 4-H